The Salzburg Trail Running Festival is THE season finale of the German-speaking trail running scene and is now known for its extensive side program.
The racing season is coming to an end, many impressions were collected over the season and many new friends were made. The Salzburg Trail Running Festival is no longer about top performances, these were enough in technical races in summer, this weekend is about ending the season TOGETHER in the unique flair of the Mozart city of Salzburg.
THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM AWAITS YOU IN 2023:
SALZBURG Trail Night - wednesday, 18. October
An evening full of stories & knowledge. Informative. Inspiring. Socially - it's Trail Night!
The OVAL in the Europark becomes a trail running stage. At the premiere of the Salzburg Trail Night you can expect exciting stories, interesting lectures, great personalities and entertaining movies of trail running. A varied program to "warm up" for the Salzburg Trail Running Festival.
Program 7.30-10 p.m.:
- Trailrunning Challenge: From hobby runner to participant in the Trailmarathon (3 days with 42 kilometers) - a field report on how it can be successful!
- Training & nutrition: Aim high with the right nutrition! Mag.a Doris Walder and Michael Wäger, Bsc. Msc. explain what you should know about nutrition for trail running.
- My life as a trailrunning pro: Conversation and discussion with international trail running professionals on all facets of their sport with Q&A session.
- Get inspired! Short movies as inspiration for trail running.
Admission is from 7 p.m.
Free tickets can be purchased here from October 1st. Due to limited seating, registration is essential! Tickets will be issued on the day of the event from 6:00 p.m. at the entrance to the OVAL. Reserved Tickets have to be picked up by 7:00 p.m..
GET STARTING DOCUMENTS IN ADVANCE - SECURE YOUR PERCENTAGE AND GOODIEBAG
WEDNESDAY 18.OCTOBER 2023 5 - 7 p.m.
Hervis Store at Europark
You can expect
- 30% discount at Salomon Store (excluding S/Lab items & sneakers as well as already reduced goods. Not combinable with other actions.)
- 20% discount when shopping for trail running equipment & sports nutrition at the Hervis Store
- a Goodiebag worth € 40.00 in the Biogena Store
These promotions are only valid on October 18, 2023 in the specified Europark stores upon presentation of the start number.
LIVE cONcert - friday 20. October 2023
Also this year, the trio "Strange Fruit" will accompany our runners around the Nightrun from around 6:00 p.m. After the award ceremony, they ensure a great atmosphere at Kapitelplatz.
Entry is free!
Strange Fruit is a rock and blues trio. The thoroughbred musicians interpret rock hits and anthems of the last 5 decades, garnished with cool blues classics and oldies.
Trail Matinee - SATURDAY, 21. OCtober 2023
After the top 3 for the Austria Trail Award in the categories "Trail Runner of the Year" and "Rookie of the Year" have been determined by a jury and online voting, the trophies will be ceremoniously presented during the Trail Matinee.
The top stars of the Austrian trail running scene will be presented at the JUFA Hotel Salzburg City and the athletes will give an insight into their everyday life, their training and their preparation for competitions as part of a Q&A. Visitors are welcome to ask questions. The official presentation of the Austria Trail Award will take place afterwards.
The event at JUFA Salzburg City is free for all participants and interested parties!
10 a.m. Trail & Talk with professional trailrunners
11 a.m. Award ceremony Austria Trail Award
12 p.m. Pastaparty
*subject to changes
Trail Area - friday to sunday
The Trail Area gives the Salzburg Trail Running Festival the typical festival flair: stage with music and moderation, gastro area and various exhibitors invite you to linger. Since the trail area is in the middle of the start and finish area, there is a great atmosphere here every year.
Come by, cheer on our ambitious participants, find out about the latest product innovations and enjoy the atmosphere in the heart of Salzburg's old town.